1. Who we are:
We are Cassidy Law Solicitors of 5 Inns Court, Winetavern Street, Dublin 8 D08YY98. You can contact us at this address by post or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Why we process your data:
The lawful basis for processing your data and who we share it with A. For people who view and interact with our website, we process data to respond to your query when sent through our contact us form. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the administration and operation of our legal services as well as our legitimate interest in marketing and promoting our firm’s legal services. We share this data with our client relationship management system provider. They may only process this data for the purpose of providing us with their services, and no other purpose. We will retain this data only for so long as it is necessary to provide you with the service which you request, and in accordance with our obligations to the Law Society of Ireland in respect of file retention and audit. For solicitors and barristers that we liaise with on client matters, we process data. The legal basis for the processing of this data is processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our firm in representing our clients. We share the information you provide with our practice management system in order to store your contact information with our client file. We may also send you emails through our email service provider. We will retain this data only for so long as is necessary for the purposes of providing legal services to our clients, and in accordance with our obligations to the Law Society of Ireland in respect of file retention and audit.
3. Your rights relating to personal data:
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification- you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format. In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details at the start of this privacy notice. If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal. If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation. You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission.
4. Requirement to process personal data:
You may browse our website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view our website. If you do not provide us with your information for the purposes described above, we cannot send your our newsletter, respond to your queries sent through our contact us form, liaise with you on client matters[, insert other potential consequences of failure to provide information] or assess your suitability for a role within our firm.
5. Automated decision-making and profiling:
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.